About Me

My photo
Balamban, Cebu, Philippines
It was written in the unfinished diary of the late Dr. Jose Rizal that a man of strength and wisdom from a royal lineage in Visayas would rise in the future to liberate the Philippines from the bondage of poverty and foreign domination. His name would be known as... Bernardo Carpio!

Saturday, March 12, 2016

FAN-BASED PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN FOR DUTERTE HAS BECOME VIRAL

Out of the five official candidates vying for the Presidency I have only two choices left -- Santiago and Duterte. In my own opinion, the two of them are the only presidential candidates who are not stained with corruption and deceit. Both of them are known to have "iron claws" over scrupulous criminals.

I love Miriam for her brilliance, cunning, wit and sense of humor. She has good track record of leadership. Though people always called her Brenda a colloquial name which often connotes "brain damage". Probably because she has been looked as a genius but cunning woman who had told the press that if Erap would win for presidency she would jump over an airplane and said something like "Magpapabaril ako sa Luneta kapag nagkakatotoo 'yan (I will submit myself on a firing squad in Luneta if that will become true)" but when Erap won and asked over her past statement she just said with a big smile, "I'm sorry, I lied."

As for Digong as Rodrigo Duterte is often called I admired him for his view on federalism and his advocacy to stop crime with iron hand though I hated when he lied that he would not be running for presidency, when he blatantly said things against the Pope especially for his suggestion for  the pope not to come back to the country for according to him the pope had caused a stream of heavy traffic which caused him to pee on the wheels of his car in the middle of daylight in the street, and when he would be spitting out his untamed expressions.

Today, I am amazed of the different people who have organized groups of volunteers for Duterte's candidacy. They have contributed their own pocket just to fund his campaign starting down at the basic unit of the local government which I think is a very powerful tool for victory. Then there is a group of friends who call themselves as the "Yo Brothers", since they always addressed each other as "yo" whatever it means, who has come to me and ask for a little help of modifying their designs and logos which will be used in the printing of their t-shirts and other campaign ads. They are a die-hard fans of "Du30" for they firmly believed in his platforms and his capacity to enforce those if he wins in the coming presidential election. Though I am a bit hesitant at first, I just did the modification not because of Duterte but because of their strong faith in him. I hope that if ever their pet candidate would really win, he could really meet their expectations of change for the betterment of this nation.






No comments:

Post a Comment